(Updated June 16, 2017)
GlobalBusinessProfessor.com’s latest Audio Interview, “Path of building a research stream to help OEMs better innovate through managing a global supply network”, features Dr. Tingting Yan, Associate Professor at Wayne State University and global supply chain expert.
In the 21-minute Audio Interview, Ms. Yan discusses:
- How she is building a stream of research to help OEMs better innovate with suppliers in a global context and why it is important to study it;
- The challenges a firm faces when managing a global supply network for creating value through innovations;
- What automotive company executives can learn from her research;
- How Dr. Yan brings awareness of the global aspect of supply chain management into the classroom; and
- Discusses their supply chain programs in China.
Audio Interview Guest:
Dr. Tingting Yan
Wayne State University
About Dr. Tingting Yan
Associate Professor of Supply Chain Management at Wayne State University. Dr. Yan’s research is focused on buyer/seller relationships, supplier innovation, and purchasing strategy. She has a number of research projects underway that examine buyer/seller relationships in complex supply chains. Her Ph.D. in SCM is from Arizona State University. She also holds a Masters of Science in Management Science and Engineering from Fudan University.
Dr. Yan is also presenting at the upcoming Executive Seminar “Automotive Industry: Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Leadership Seminar” by AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) and Wayne State University. Senior automotive supply chain professionals/executives and experienced academics will lead the seminar sessions. The week-long program in Detroit is being held from September 25 – 29.
“Automotive Industry: Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Leadership Seminar”
September 25 – 29 – in Southfield, Michigan (USA)
By AIAG and Wayne State University
For more information, please click here.
To download brochure (2017), please click here.